- Preheat oven to 190 C . Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Fry the bacon on a dry, hot pan.
- Sieve the flour and add the grated cheese and bacon.
- Melt the butter and add to the buttermilk. Pour into the flour mix and form a dough by gently mixing.
- Turn out onto floured table and gently shape round. Cut a cross on top of bread and transfer to the greased baking tray.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing and serve with a real Irish butter. Brian’s Top Tip:
- Store in an airtight container. Toast a slice for warm breakfast option with poached eggs.