Yields: 14 Servings
- Mix the dried fruit, mixed peel, warm tea and treacle in a bowl. Add the grated apples. Soak overnight.
- The next day preheat oven to 180 degrees CGrease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Add the brown sugar, self-raising flour, mixed spice and egg to the dried fruit-tea mixture, stir well until mixed.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 1 1/2 hours, or firm to touch.
- Remove from tin and cool. Brian’s Top Tip:
- Hide a coin or ring in centre of the bread prior to baking. Wrap either in greaseproof paper before inserting in mixture.