Yields: 4 Servings
- Heat a frying pan and add a drizzle of oil. Fry the steaks for about 3 minutes on each side, season with fresh thyme and pepper. Leave steaks aside
- In the same pan add the sliced onions and garlic. Fry until brown and add the vinegar and brown sugar.
- Cook until slightly sticky consistency is achieved then add the tomato puree and flour followed by the beef stock.
- Return the steaks and any juices to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes . The sauce will thicken and gather around the steaks with the onion like a comfort blanket. If you need to loosen it out a bit add a splash of hot water. Brian’s Top Tip:
- Great served on toasted sour dough or simple with a good champ potato.