Yields: 6 Servings
- Cover the lamb pieces in water and simmer with one of the bay leaves for 20 minutes.
- Heat a casserole pot, add the oil and sweat the vegetables starting with garlic & onion followed by the carrots, leeks and parsnip.
- Add sprigs of thyme and remaining bayleaf.
- Season with black pepper. Sweat for approx. 5 minutes, stirring all the time then add the diced potato.
- Drain the lamb and immediately add the meat to the vegetables. Cover with the warm stock. Put on a lid and simmer for approx. 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- After an hour add the chopped cabbage leaves and check if lamb is tender. If not cook for a further 20 minutes or until lamb is tender.
- Serve this Heart Dish in a bowl and enjoy with family and friends. Brian’s Tip:
- Great served with crusty bread.