- Preheat oven to 190C.
- To make BBQ sauce, heat rapeseed oil add onions and sweat. Add the garlic and then the sugar. Cook for 2 minutes then add the vinegar, tomato puree and allow sauce to simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add Worchester sauce and whiskey and cook for further 5 minutes on simmer.
- Season chicken wings with pepper and thyme.
- Place in oven on a tray and cook for 35 minutes then remove and drizzle sauce over the wings returning them to the oven for a further 15 minutes until sticky.
- Serve with wedges of fresh limes.
- Brian’s TipKeep a bit of extra sauce for dipping wings into. Sauce will keep in the fridge for 4 weeks and great for a BBQ